Able Disabled All People Together (ADAPT) (formerly The Spastics Society of India) is a Registered Public Trust. All donations are exempt under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Any sponsorship towards an event can be claimed as advertisement expenditure under section 37 of the Income Tax Act.
Your cheque with your individual donation, large or small, would be welcomed and valued at ADAPT, as your personal gesture towards inclusion.
ADAPT has an entire spectrum of options for corporates wishing to reach out and empower the disabled – solutions that inspire not just financial support, but a genuine offering of time and commitment, building an inclusive culture across the country.
Donate to educate
- Sponsor the educational cost of children in our anganwadis, primary schools and secondary schools.
- 1 anganwadi student for 1 year: Rs. 6,000
- 1 primary /secondary school student for 1 year: Rs. 96,000
- Preparing a child with disability for placement in a mainstream school: Rs. 24,000
- Support for 1 child placed in a mainstream school for 1 year: Rs. 12,000
- Purchase of aids and appliances: Rs. 50,000
Donate to employ
- Help people with disability integrate into the mainstream by supporting them in various ways.
- Place orders for products created in our Skills Development Centre – Cakes, cookies and other bakery products, ceramic ware, table ware, linen, festive products, food products and more.
- Donate in cash and kind to augment our resources and enhance the scope of our training and job placement activities.
- Offer hands-on training to prepare our trainees for employment
- Initiate joint venture enterprises with our trainees
- Recruit our trainees in your workplace
- Support our publicity initiatives for training and employment
- Volunteer your services to educate our trainees in various job skills.
Donate to nurture
- Sponsor the nutritional requirements of one or more anganwadi
- Sponsor therapy costs for the children in one or more anganwadi
- Sponsor therapy services for 1 child for 1 year Rs. 10,000
- Sponsor the purchase of therapy aids and appliances; Rs. 20,000
Donate to train
- Sponsor training programmes for mainstream school teachers, in inclusive education.
- o 4-month residential course: Rs. 50,000
- o Seminars and workshops: Rs. 20,000
- Support 1 young adult in our skills training programme for 1 year: Rs.30,000
Donate to inspire
- Support the activities of the Mita Nundy Community Centre for senior citizens and adults with disability: Rs. 10,000
- Encourage your customers to contribute to ADAPT
- Encourage your employees to volunteer with ADAPT – play with the children, teach or train students, help upgrade our facilities by painting walls, gardening etc.
Donate to empower
- Support the creation of a village and tribal model that provides inclusive education and empowerment: Rs. 10,000/-.
Donate to lead change:
- Work with the One Little Finger Advocacy Group on advocacy projects:
- Sponsor awareness or sensitization programmes for parents or members of the Community: Rs. 10,000
- Run courses and organize sensitization workshops for your organisation.
- Do a social audit in your neighbourhood and help to make your building, office or institution accessible for persons with disability: Rs. 25,000
- Join marches and protest rallies
- Participate in events to bring able and disabled people together
- Promote the rights of persons with disability though print, electronic or social media.
- Volunteer time/expertise with organizations that work for the rights of people with disability
- Help raise revenue/donate/sponsor the group’s lobbying and activism events
Donate to partner
- Join hands with ADAPT and support our participation in events.
- Mumbai Marathon support: Rs. 50,000
- Annual I Can Bazaar: Rs. 20,000
- Annual Show and event: Rs. 20,000 +
- Include ADAPT in an employee payroll giving program
Donate to support
- Hold your company’s conferences and get-togethers in our air-conditioned, spacious and well-equipped conference rooms and auditorium
- Host outdoor events in our lush, green gardens
- Hold exhibitions and sales of ADAPT products on your corporate premises
You can also make a long-term, substantial investment in one or more ADAPT projects under Schedule VII of The Companies Act 2013, as part of your company’s CSR effort.
Support a Transition Model under which ADAPT will demonstrate a replicable model of inclusive education, within ADAPT services and with partner schools in the community.
Sponsor inclusive education teacher training programs – these promote awareness of different learning needs, teaching techniques and curriculum strategies, helping teachers in mainstream schools to support learners with difficulties.
These aim to create a cadre of resources enriched with best practices on inclusive education and embed them into existing government mechanisms, so that inclusive education can become sustainable in India.
Help us acquire accessible transport – vehicles modified to be easily accessible to children and young adults with disability. This is critical as most public transport is inaccessible and private vehicles like taxis are too expensive.